What we did
- Ran a full-day Innovation Lab training program with the team.
- Delivered a 12 week e-learning program to reinforce the learnings from the day.
- Measured employees’ knowledge acquisition, learning transfer and performance improvement following the training.
- Reported on the impact of innovation training on individual and team innovation capability.
The team was assessed for innovation performance improvement identified following the training. Survey responses at 1 and 3-month follow up highlighted:
- An overall innovation performance improvement of 43%.
- A 52% improvement in ‘thinking creatively, solving problems, and generating and harvesting ideas’.
- A 50% improvement in ‘designing sessions to promote more effective idea generation and problem solving’.
- A 49% improvement in both the ‘productivity and output of brainstorming sessions’ and ‘generating diverse ideas to solve problems’.
The Inventium Innovation Lab training was a great grounding in the use of practical innovation tools for the team. Understanding a bit of the theory behind generating innovative ideas assisted this. The email follow ups drummed this in and most have continued to use the key tools to good effect since. We are now able to get more ideas (even when we think we have run out), more diverse ideas and have fun at the same time! Others in the organisation have also been inspired to adopt the tools after being exposed to them.