What we did
- Delivered a keynote at Medibank Private’s leadership team planning conference to open the team’s minds up to innovation and deliver the following key messages: why it’s important, how it relates to the health insurance industry, innovations from around the world that have come from the industry, and how easy it is to start thinking creatively.
- Ran an intensive innovation tools training session with the leadership team and introduced the team to a myriad of tools that they could use to help generate better ideas both on their own and in groups, get the most out of group meetings and workshops, and tools that they could easily teach to their own teams.
- Conducted several one-on-one coaching sessions with each participant to help embed the learnings, help them overcome any challenges they were experiencing, and help creative problem solving become a habitual part of their working lives.
- Turned a team that were previously skeptical of the power of innovation into advocates who now actively drive innovation across the organisation and challenge existing assumptions
- Created a new and common language for innovation, which is now used by all participants to help drive growth and new ideas
- Increased the effectiveness of team meetings, including management meetings and brainstorming sessions.
It was during the final session of an incredibly boring seminar that Amantha made her first impression on me. She blew me away. She was quirky, engaging, energetic, energising and incredibly insightful. Since then, I’ve involved Amantha in running my part of the business because she causes people to be more productive in their roles by helping them to be more creative. Amantha is one of those great educators who does not teach things, she helps people to discover things. Through group workshops and one on one coaching Amantha has introduced a new language and a set of concepts into my team. These concepts act as triggers to remind us when we should be thinking more creatively and tools to help us make this happen. The evidence of Amantha’s value, to my business, has been made clear to me through my teams’ increased willingness to embrace and apply creative thinking as a critical discipline for running a large and complex business. I have no hesitation in recommending Amantha to any business leader.