What we did
- Conducted an Innovation Audit. This was instrumental in determining the exact drivers and inhibitors of innovation.
- Created a world-class process that puts the customer at the heart of innovation.
- Selected and trained a group of champions who could coach others in the innovation process and drive sustainable change across the organisation.
- Intensive mentoring at a strategic, senior level of management.
- Identified a set of innovation missions – specific areas of focus for innovation at Mirvac – ensuring a mix of incremental and breakthrough achievements.
- Just 18 months after they started working with Inventium, Mirvac was awarded the 2015 Best Innovation Program at the BRW Most Innovative Companies Award.
- Ranked number three in BRW’s 50 Most Innovative Companies list for 2015.
- Within the first year, Mirvac achieved a significant uplift in its performance on innovation. This was evidenced by a second innovation audit conducted after 12 months, which captured statistically significant improvements in Mirvac’s ability to (1) allocate time, money and people to drive innovation, (2) align innovation with organisational strategy and (3) establish a deliberate, clear and effective innovation process.
- Created an innovation process so effective and rigorous that it has also been applied to general problem solving across the business.
- Improved the culture of innovation by placing the customer at the heart of everything Mirvac does.
- Created a group of champions who have been instrumental in driving innovation across all divisions of Mirvac.
- Boosted employee engagement that has broken down silos and encouraged cross-functional collaboration when solving problems.
“There used to be many barriers that limited innovation and experimentation at Mirvac but with the help of Inventium, we have launched our innovation program Hatch, defined our innovation strategy, and started to build an in-house capability. We were thrilled to debut at number 3 on the BRW Most innovative companies list this year, and Inventium were instrumental in helping us drive the business to achieve this result. If you want to take a more structured and proactive approach to innovation by implementing a world-class innovation program then I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the team at Inventium.” – Mirvac