What we did:
- Undertook research to identify the territories that presented the most profitable and accessible areas for Sugar Australia to move into – thereby refining the focus for idea generation.
- Used our Creative Aptitude Test to identify the top creative thinkers within the organisation, to participate in a series of Ideation Lab sessions together with creative and leading edge thinkers outside of the business.
- Ran several Ideation Lab and Decision Lab sessions, using our science-based tools to generate breakthrough innovations and make optimal decisions about which ideas to progress, and which to leave behind
- Facilitated a Dragon’s Den style pitch in which the top teams presented their ideas to the Executive Leadership Team to decide on which to invest in further and develop to market.
- Generated 20 big ideas that were shortlisted down to six big ideas that have the potential to add a combined $10 million plus revenue growth to Sugar Australia
- Sugar Australia now having had identified their top creative thinkers through having selected them to be part of this project are cultivating them to provide expertise going forward for other projects requiring a large degree of innovation.
Identifying break through ideas for growth rather than incremental ideas is probably the hardest challenge faced by people working in innovation. We realised early in this project that while we had the appetite we did not have the expertise or process to find these big opportunities. We interviewed a number of providers and Inventium clearly stood out as our innovation partner due to the scientific rigor of their process, their passion and collaborative approach. With Inventium’s support we have identified a number of big opportunities that we are now in the process of bringing to life. Inventium have also left us with new ways of thinking and tool kits that we are rolling out across the business to make creative thinking a core business skill. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Amantha and her team and see this as a long term partnership