Create a more proactive and structured approach to innovation and evolve from the typical reactive nature of large organisations.
What we did
- Conducted our Innovation Maturity Index to determine current drivers and inhibitors of innovation.
- Created an organisation-wide process that put the customer at the heart of innovation.
- Selected and trained a group of Innovation Champions who could coach others in the innovation process and drive sustainable change across the organisation.
- Conducted intensive mentoring at a strategic, senior level of management.
- Identified a set of innovation missions (i.e. specific areas of focus for innovation at Mirvac), ensuring a mix of incremental and disruptive opportunities.
After 18-months of working with Mirvac, the following results were achieved:
- Debuted at #3 in the AFR’s Most Innovative Companies list.
- 118% uplift in the effectiveness of Mirvac’s Innovation Process
- 54% uplift on the key drivers that create a culture of innovation
- 39% uplift on organisation-wide employee capability to be effective innovators.
- Created an innovation process so effective and rigorous that it was also applied to general problem solving across the business.
- Increased employee engagement which lead to improved cross-functional collaboration when solving problems.