Establish processes and build capability to encourage and manage innovation.
What we did for RACT
- Created a long term strategy for implementing an innovation process. This has included structured processes, training, mentoring and opportunities to meet with likeminded businesses to grow and learn.
- Training and the development of a structured framework and development of key outcomes with RACT’s key executives. This included the development of key innovation goals for the organisation to pursue over the course of 12 months.
- Assisted RACT in identifying Innovation Champions within the business who would deliver on these innovation goals. These champions were trained and mentored in how to put the customer at the heart of innovation, generate breakthrough ideas, and run cost-effective and fast experiments to learn quickly.
- Staff now put the customer at the heart of innovation.
- An enormous amount of ideas have been generated and tested with real customers, including some ideas that are set to transform service delivery for the organisation.
- The structured innovation process has been embraced by staff across the RACT, who now have a common language to speak about and “do” innovation.